Thursday, February 12, 2009

Like Johnny and June

Staring high luminous moon,
Something blue, she always wears blue
Hit with voodoo, she stands under the dark lights
Heartbeat scurries in constant motion
Beat in beat out, lock and load, reload
Scared outta my mind
"She thinks I'm only a runner!"
"Is this real?"
"Is this taxi really taking us to the cafe?"
Was the boquet enough
One dozen red velvet roses...
Oh God she looks great in blue
She looks great in anything
Please be my wild thing
Love her, know it, don't feel wrong
I'm so stupid she can't feel this strong!
What if I never see her again...?

Oh God I hope he likes blue
I heard he likes black
The ferrari black suit and tie proves it
Hugo Boss I think
Johnny Cash, June Carter
The black and the blue,
modern day Romeo and Juliet
What if he isn't this serious?
Just two people passing in motion
What if this isn't some book
With ten kids and sterling silver rose
Ready for the couple at happy end?
I'm so stupid. he can't think I'm pretty
"He thinks I'm only a brain!"
What if I never see him again...?

Please God let her like the roses
Please God let him like blue

Please God let her love me
Please God let him love me

1 comment:

APLITghosts said...

you did fine walking the line.